How to get started using Single Sign-On with Folio and Google Apps for Education/Work
- Make sure users’ emails addresses in Folio are the same as their Google Apps for Education/Work account.
- Log into Folio and from the Dashboard click “Manage”, then click “School Manager.”
- On the School Manager page, scroll down to the School Preferences section and click “On” for Single Sign On. Make sure you scroll down and click “Save Settings!”
- Make sure you scroll down and click “Save Settings”
- Single Sign-on is now available for your Folio site.
With “Single Sign-on” setting turned on, the Folio login screen looks like this:
To sign on using their Google Account Credentials, Users should click the “Sign in with Google” button. If they are already logged into their Google Account, and they will be taken to the “Request for Permission” screen. They will be prompted to allow Folio to:
View your email address
View your basic profile info
If they are are NOT already logged into their Google account, they will be prompted to log into their Google Account. They then will be taken to the “Request for Permission” screen.
Once the user clicks the “Allow” button, they will be taken to their Folio Dashboard page.
Users must have a Folio account created for them using their Google App Account email address.
Also, users will still be able to log into Folio using their Folio credentials if they choose not to use their Google Account credentials.